Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Altered Tin Vintage Style W/Quotes

So, the swap involved an altered tin or box, filled with quotes..interesting I thought. Okay... I'm in. This is one of those tins at the checkout registers at Michael's stores, the kind of tin you're supposed to put a gift card in. Whew... so after scads of Lumiere's, Moon Shadow Mist sprays, stamping, collaging, sealing and who even remembers what else, this is it. Actually this is the lid (pic 1) and the underside of the lid (pic 2).
I filled the box with tags onto which I collaged the 'quotes'. Lotsa' looking for quotes and lotsa' drying time for this tin. So it's on it's way to New England tomorrow to its new home.

Front & Back of Tags

1 comment:

Wrick said...

aloha Plum Cat Art

this is a brief hello, to say hi. well... and other things. . .

actually i've looked around on a couple of your sites several times...

you may know/remember me from PaperTraders. we spoke briefly in the forum messages there.

if you do, may be you remember some of my mail art - particularly ATCs. i'm wondering if you would be interested in an ATC swap? if you have the time and would like to swap that is...

if this is not a good time or you do not wish to swap, i'll understand - no problem. if you are interested, let me know, yes. we can talk about it when you have time - just let me know.

i particularly like seeing your sewing and painting combinations.

this time of year is always hectic, so no hurry if that is ok.

in the mean time of course... have fun, yes. - aloha Wrick